This Contracted position is responsible for the planning, organization, and operation of Halifax Ultimate’s C4P event on the weekend of November 3, 4, and 5, 2023.
To make quality and spirited Ultimate available in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- Scheduling all games & specifying rules of play;
- Marketing the event and garnering interest in the tournament;
- Coordination of the event in partnership the HU Board;
- Frequent communication with team captains before, during, and after the event;
- Creating a budget for the event;
- Organizing team packs, including field food;
- Availability to answer questions, clarify rulings, etc. during the event;
- Organizing a social event to support C4P outside of play;
- Surveying teams after the weekend to assess the event.
- Knowledgeable about the sport of Ultimate;
- Prior experience managing logistics (ideally for a tournament);
- Access to a vehicle would be an asset;
- Experience creating a budget;
- Project management experience;
- Positive attitude and able to balance multiple priorities.
This position can be compensated in one of the following ways, and must be indicated upon accepting the position:
- Flat fee of $750
- Flat fee of $500, plus 10% of tournament profits
- Flat fee of $600, plus $50% of tournament profits in excess of $2,000
How to Apply: Applications can be sent to: email@example.com