Each team has one 90 second timeout per half.
Any timeouts called in the final 5 minutes of a game, or when the team doesn’t have any remaining timeouts, are treated as uncontested offensive fouls (i.e. stall count reached plus one, to a maximum of 9).
Half time occurs when one team has scored half of the point cap rounded up and lasts 5 minutes (i.e., in a game to 13, halftime occurs when the first team reaches 7 points. In a game to 15, it’s at 8 points).
13 for 1h10m games
15 for 1h25m games
We deviate from the official rules due to requiring games to end as close to on time as possible to accommodate double headers. Games are to end when the first of the following occurs:
- When point cap is reached OR
- When the game’s scheduled end time occurs (Time Cap), regardless of what time the game starts. When this happens, the game ends at whichever of the following occurs first:
- The next point is scored (without turnover) OR
- The next turnover
For co-ed leagues, Ratio Rule B (“end zone decides” rule) will be in effect:
At the start of the game, after the first disc flip, an additional disc flip happens with the winner selecting which end zone is “End zone A”, with the other end zone becoming “End zone B”. At the start of each point the Team that is at End zone A must choose the gender ratio. This process applies for the first half. For the second half, at the start of each point the Team that is at End zone B must choose the gender ratio. There are two ratio options:
- Four (4) female matching players and three (3) open players
- Four (4) open players and three (3) female matching players
Note: it is not bad spirit to use the gender ratio to your advantage.