We are seeking individuals passionate about Ultimate with diverse skills to enhance our Board. Desired skills include communication, collaboration, strategic planning, policy development, project management, finance, marketing & public relations, and human resources.
Halifax Ultimate recognizes sportsmanship, fair play, and rule knowledge are integral to providing quality Ultimate. Our League offerings focus on inclusiveness allowing members opportunities to play several times per week year round.
- Prepare for, attend, and participate in annual general meetings, board meetings, and sub-committee meetings
- Maintain clear communication through regular reporting via email, telecommunications, and at meetings
- Support HU initiatives and events
- Support the League Coordinators, as required.
- Review, revise, and implement HU policies and by-laws.
- Monitor the performance of the organization
- Approve the budget and monitor financial performance
- Keep informed about community activities relevant to the Society
- Creatively seek opportunities for partnerships with businesses, government, other non-profits and citizens
- 6-8 hours/month
Halifax Ultimate encourages applicants from Indigenous People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities, People of the 2SLGBTQ+ community and Women to occupy positions where they are underrepresented. It is the responsibility of every member of Halifax Ultimate to embrace a culture that promotes diversity.
For additional information please email Board@HalifaxUltimate.ca