Halifax Ultimate has been working with DiscNS and Pictou Ultimate on a Return to Play Plan. We’re pleased to announce that our plan has been approved by the province. We are currently in Phase 2 of the Plan and Halifax Ultimate is in the process of determining the details of scheduling potential leagues and will update once we have more information.
Phase 2 Details
- Activities must be outdoors.
- Entrances/exits must be clearly defined.
- Participants must bring their own water bottles, jerseys, and all other necessary personal items.
- Sanitization procedures for equipment:
Designate one person for cones. They will be the only person to touch the cones. The cones are to be disinfected prior and after use.
Set up a sanitization station and sanitize all the discs being used prior to engaging in activities.
Discs must be sanitized at regular intervals
Designate one person for discs if there is a disc bag.
Designate one person for any other shared equipment.
- Attendance must be taken and recorded at all sessions. All participants must have signed and submitted a waiver prior to participation.
- Participants shall remain the same for the duration of the session. There will not be any rotation of participants during one session.
- No Spectators, children, or pets.
- No Scrimmages.
- Participants are to arrive as prepared as possible, such as arriving changed and cleated to the field.
- Place bags and other personal items 2m apart.
- Maintain physical distancing (2 meters) at all times.
- Marking can be done at 1m distance
- Adhere to social distancing requirements of the province. The current measures allow sport to partake in activity with a gathering limit of 50 socially distancing at all times, or groups of 10 not socially distancing, in an upward of 5 groups (in which the groups socially distance from each other and groups remain consistent as much as possible).
- Check ahead of time for field space unless using free public space. If using public space, then choose a time of day where the location will be less busy and set up in an area free from others.